Thermofoil Doors Limited Five Year Warranty
Doors, drawer fronts, moldings, and accessories, manufactured by Lindsey Doors are warranted to the customer against defects occurring in the manufacturing process, subject to the terms and conditions as stated in this Warranty certificate. Lindsey Doors also guarantees its Thermo Foil products against delimitation, irregular surface discoloration, warpage or twisting for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase.
The warranty only covers defects as specified herein and does not include defects or damages attributable to misuse or normal surface weathering, or defects or damages caused by accident or fire or other casualty or acts of God, or any other causes of occurrences beyond the manufacturer’s control. The exclusive remedial action provided for the customer hereunder shall be repair, restoration, replacement or return and refund of the products manufactured by Lindsey Doors found to be defective.
The replacement of new materials for those which may be defective may result in a color variance in comparison to the originally installed Lindsey products due to style and color changes by RTF (Rigid Thermo Foil) manufactures and is not indicative of a defect. The manufacturer reserves the right to substitute such RTF colors as are then being manufactured and is only obligated to match color and quality with such products as it is manufacturing at the time of replacement.
What Lindsey Doors will do to correct problems
If the manufacturing by Lindsey Doors of a product causes product delimitation, yellowing, discoloration, warpage or twisting under ordinary wear and conditions (and is not otherwise excluded for coverage), we will repair or replace the warranted components at the following charges for material: Material will be covered at the net invoice price of the doors as sold by Lindsey Doors.
Exclusions and Conditions – This is an important part of your warranty. Please read carefully:
- This warranty specifically excludes the following:
- Damage resulting from product being installed in areas subject to abnormal heat, ultraviolet rays, cold dryness, humidity, direct sunlight, fire, collision with foreign objects, corrosive atmospheres, hail, ice or materials or any other acts of God or occurrences beyond the control of Lindsey Doors.
- Damage resulting from extreme moisture (bleaching, etc.), condensation and moisture formation where condensation is caused by excessive in-house relative humidity or by appliance-generated steam vapors.
- Damage resulting from impairment of structural strength or damage when fitting or applying hardware or mounting of affixing object to the surface of any products such as that damage caused by the mounting or suspension devices, curtain rods or holiday decorations.
- Fading, discoloration, scratches or dents as a result of abuse.
- Products installed in any area where temperatures will exceed 150 degrees Fahrenheit. It is recommended to use melamine filler between all heat sources and the cabinet.
- Damage as a result of using cleaning products containing ammonia or acetone.
- A warp or twist of 3/16″ or less. Twists are measured by placing the face of the door against a true plane surface.
- Products made at the request of the customer, which varies from our normal construction specifications (e.g. reducing thickness of a panel, doors made larger than the maximum guaranteed size).
- Fading or oxidation of finishes due to atmospheric changes and normal weathering.
- Damage resulting from installation, repair or any other labor performed by installers of the product.
- With respect to any and all products manufactured by Lindsey Doors the following stipulations will be in force and are acknowledged to be part of this Warranty.
- Unacceptable discoloration and yellowing are considered a change in color greater than 3.0 DE on the Cielab Scale.
- Any claimed manufacturing defect is subject to inspection by Lindsey Doors personnel and final determination of the cause of such defects will be made by Lindsey Doors or their representative.
- Any repair or replacement shall be performed by Lindsey Doors within a reasonable period of time, not to exceed (30) days following Lindsey Doors determination that a condition of defective manufacture exists.
- In the event that any component part of product covered by this Warranty is not available, Lindsey Doors has the right to substitute part(s) or product(s) of equal grade and quality.
- The warranty period on any part or parts of Lindsey Doors products, which are replaced or repaired pursuant to this Warranty, shall be for the remainder of the original Warranty period applicable to the part(s) or the product(s) as provided in this certificate.
- Lindsey Doors warrants that the products sold are fit for the particular purpose for which they are intended, provided that this limited warranty shall become null and void if the products are otherwise misused.
- Lindsey Doors liability under this warranty is limited to the net invoice price of the product as manufactured and sold by Lindsey Door. There are no other warranties of any kind, express or implied, and there are no warranties of merchantability or fitness which extend beyond the description on the face hereof.
- The warranty statement contained in this limited warranty is the only express warranties extended by Lindsey Doors for the products sold. It is expressly agreed that the customer’s exclusive and sole remedies for breach of any warranty provided in this limited warranty are limited to return of the products purchased and repayment of the purchase price or repair and replacement of non-conforming products. Lindsey doors shall not be liable for incidental and consequential damages occurring to the purchaser or end user’s property or business. The price stated for the products is a consideration in limiting seller’s liability. No action regardless of form, arising out of the transactions under this agreement, may be brought more than one year after the cause of action has occurred.